welcome 2010!

Saturday, January 2, 2010


new year!

Chilean new years was something to behold for sure--all night partying was a bit of a struggle so we went to a friend's for cocktails and drinks then didn't quiteeee make it to the clubs around 4am but it was a nice entering of 2010--with new friends and an old favorite (love you Cort!)..In true Chilean tradition I wore yellow underwear for good luck. haha. Champagne is my drink of choice so of course there was plenty of that flowing as well..Anyway new year, new decade and did you know it was a Blue Moon!? The only one until 2028. So a special full moon for the new year.ahhh..excitement! As we welcome the new year and the end of the decade (wow wee) I'd like to take some time to reflect on the past year and what the future looks like. In 2009, I graduated college, visited New Orleans and Chicago, learned new things, spent time with my family and friends, moved to Santiago, became an English teacher, met new people who inspired me, and changed for the better. Despite some lows of this past year I've changed my life for the better and I'm happy to say that I'm living my life with positivity! I usually write down some resolutions so to keep in mind as I venture on the next year of my life..and this year I've been thinking about several things I'd like to work on..

-being less judgmental of others..no one's perfect and everyone makes mistakes!
-drink 8 glasses of water everyday--Hydration
-happiness being a priority always!

Wishing everyone much love, happiness, health and prosperity this nuevo ano and sending out kisses and hugs to you all!
<3

6 comments:

Cortney said...

Awwwe I love you too girl!! Love this entry. You should do one about Carlos next!

chubalicious said...

ummm more reallll pics pleasee!

stephanie said...

aww tara what a lovely way to welcome in the new decade by recapping your recent successes! and how successful you are.. lookatchuuu girl! anyway, i just stumbled upon this Chilean map thing that i thought may come in handy for you! there are all these links you can use to find atms, pharmacies, housing...etc!

stephanie said...

ummm the link might help.

http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com/search/label/Chile

Tara said...

gracias stephanie!! thats really cool!! hope you are well. I miss you!! you should come down and have a south american adventure! hehe

stephanie said...

dont tease me! i would loooOOve to, how much longer are you there??

ps what is your mailing address? i am keeping up with my correspondence!